Houston Sports: Where Can You Stay That Is Close to the Stadium?
Whether you are visiting Houston for a week or planning an extended stay in this city, one thing is for certain: Houston sports are a big part of the local entertainment scene. How do you stay close to your favorite sports when in Houston?
At Corporate Retreats International, our furnished apartments are located less than two miles from NRG Stadium, home to the Texans, Houston’s NLF team. This is just one of our communities in the greater Houston area you can choose when you want to be near sports teams.
What Sports Teams Are in Houston?
Houston is home to several different professional major league and minor league teams. There are also a number of college and universities in Houston if you are an avid college sports fan. Here’s a breakdown of the teams and where they play so you can select the best extended-stay luxury housing closest to the teams you want to see live.
You can watch the Houston Astros play baseball at Minute Maid Park. This stadium was built in 2000 to replace the Houston Astrodome. Minute Maid Park is located in downtown Houston on Crawford Street and Texas Avenue. The stadium features a retractable roof, so you can enjoy the open air on cool days and air conditioning on hot Texas summer days.
The stadium is a quick fifteen-minute car trip from One Hermann Place, one of our luxury and corporate extended stay apartment communities. You can also take the Houston Rail for a leisurely ride to the stadium, which takes about twenty minutes, along with about ten minutes of walking to and from the station terminals.
If you are a fan of basketball, you can catch NBA games played by the Houston Rockets at the Toyota Center. The Rockets Power Dancers provide an entertaining performance during half-time you will not want to miss.
The Toyota Center is also located in Downtown Houston. From The Amalfi, another one of our communities, you are only about an eight-minute car trip away. You can also take the Houston Rail, which takes about 26 minutes total, with 10 minutes of walking time to and from the station terminals.
You can catch the Houston Texans at the NRG Stadium, which offers both outdoor and indoor viewing. Just like Minute Maid Park, the roof is retractable, so you can remain cool and comfortable on hot game days. Gates open four hours prior to kickoff, for some great tailgating if you want to participate. Just come dressed in your best Texans attire!
NRG Stadium is located on Kirby Drive, just off I-610. It is about a seven-minute car ride from our Archstone Toscano luxury and corporate apartments. NRG Stadium is also conveniently located near our Hanover Rice Village extended stay luxury apartments, with about a ten-minute car ride.
Houston is home to one of the seven professional MLR (major league rugby) teams, the Houston Sabercats. You can watch rugby matches for home games at Dyer Stadium. The stadium is located on Magnum Road, west of downtown.
The stadium is about a twenty-three-minute car ride from our Camden Vanderbilt luxury apartment community. It is worth mentioning that the Sabercats are exploring different options for the 2019 season, and they are moving to a new stadium south of Downtown at the Houston Amateur Sports Complex. If they make the move, then they will be even closer to many of our luxury apartment communities.
If you are feeling adventurous and want to make a short twenty-five-minute trip out of Houston, you can watch the Houston Skeeters play baseball at Constellation Field in Sugar Land, Texas, west of Houston. The Skeeters are part of the Atlantic League Professional Baseball (ALPB).
The Children’s Memorial Hermann Play Land is also located next to Constellation Field. This play area features slides, gym equipment, a splash pad, and even a carousel. For families, this can be a great way to enjoy an entire day watching baseball and letting the kids have fun playing, too!
Houston Dash & Houston Dynamo
Houston is one of the few cities in the nation to have its very own dedicated soccer stadium at the BBVA Compass Stadium located in downtown near the Toyota Center and Minute Maid Field. You can see the Houston Dash—part of the NWSL, and the Houston Dynamo—part of the MLS, play games throughout their respective seasons.
The Esplanade and The Amalfi luxury extended stay and corporate properties are about a 10-minute car trip to get to the stadium. The Texas Southern University Tigers also use BBVA Compass Stadium to play college football.
As you can see, there are plenty of great sports teams and sporting events you can watch year-round when visiting Houston on a vacation or an extended stay.
Benefits of Luxury and Corporate Extended Stay Communities
When you are visiting Houston on vacation or need somewhere you can live for an extended period of time, luxury and corporate apartment communities offer many benefits over your other options, including hotels, resorts, timeshares, and traditional apartments.
- No long-term leases. A minimum 3-night stay is all that is required to stay in one of our apartment communities. You can extend the stay and go month-to-month. We only ask for a 10-day notice when you want to terminate your month-to-month stay.
- Access to luxury apartment amenities. From fitness centers to resort-style pools and gated/controlled access, you get to enjoy a wide range of amenities during your stay.
- Convenience to Downtown Houston and the Great Houston Area. You will find all of our communities are nearby shopping, dining, and entertainment venues. Plus, our communities have easy access to the freeways and interstates, as well as public transportation.
- Live in elegance and style. All of our apartments are fully furnished and ready when you arrive. You just need to bring your clothing and any personal items you require for your stay.
- Full-sized kitchens with modern appliances. Unlike extended stay hotels or resorts, you have access to your own kitchen where you can cook and prepare meals for those times you want a quiet evening in.
- They are more than just a vacation rental or temporary housing. When you go on vacation, doesn’t it sound appealing to be able to come home to your own apartment after exploring the city, watching a live sporting event, or participating in another fun activity, rather than just experiencing a boring hotel room with a bed and bathroom?If you need temporary housing for a work project or while searching for a home to buy or figuring out where you want to live in Houston if you are relocating, then our luxury apartment homes can be your home in the interim. You can come home after a long day at work and unwind in the pool or exercise in the fitness center—or even BBQ in one of the pool-side barbecue grills.
Even if you are just planning a weekend trip to catch a Rockets, Texans, or Astros game, you will definitely want to consider booking one of our luxury apartment homes for access to all of our great luxury apartment amenities! To learn more about our communities or schedule a short-term or extended stay, please feel free to contact Corporate Retreats International at 713-665-7777 today!
Our experienced Houston housing specialists are here to help you in any way we can. Do not hesitate to let us know if you need a stunning furnished apartment elsewhere, as we also set up custom furnished apartments at many communities throughout the Greater Houston Area.